Sunday, December 13, 2009

China Town & Clarke Quay

China Town, selling miscellaneous stuff, souvenir, cloths.




During Deepavali festival, my friend (Yong) and I went to visit China Town in Singapore. It was the first time I came to here after studying in NTU. We took MRT from Boon Lay to Outram Park and walked to China Town. I found that it is very similar to a Petaling Street in Kuala Lumpur. Over there, it sells miscellaneous stuff, like souvenir, cloths, food and beverage and etc. Most of items are from China.



There has one street selling variety food, like Malaysia/Singapore style food, China food, Vietnam food, western food. There are plenty of choice. China food look delicious, but we decided to try Vietnam food. I order vietnam style beef noodle. In my opinion, it was so so only. Besides this, I also found there was another street serving China sytle steam boat. The Xi Chuan steam boat looked good but would it be too hot and spicy to me?

After that we walked toward to Boat Quay, located near Singapore River. It was a good place to view night view, seeing the vibrancy of Singapore and skyscraper , some historical buildings. Besides this, there are many seafood restaurants, the famous food is black pepper crab. Next time I need to try out and see.


Numerous Seafood restaurant along the Boat Quay

Do you dare to try this? Whampoa Garden - GMax2000

Pubs & bars in Clarke Quay
Night life in Clarke Quay

Dont miss this funny Turkey ice-cream tricks

No comments: